Tuesday, January 4, 2011

a slight change of plans...

Well, yesterday was a very, ahem, productive day for me. I ate everything in smoothie form, and included lots of green stuff like kale, spinach, some winter veggies like butternut squash, and fruits like pears, blueberries, cherries, raspberries, and bananas. No coffee, and it totally sucked, just like I thought it would. In fact, I had an enormous headache all day and I kind of felt like my body and head were on opposite sides of the room. That doesn't make for the best work day. I can't imagine what I will feel like once I am off food...which is why I have decided to not do the "fasting" part of the cleanse, but rather keep with the raw foods and veggies. Yesterday was an incredibly cleansing day for my body, so I can't imagine that it would get any better with no food. This is working for me, and I still get to eat (which is super important).
I don't think that the Master cleanse is an appropriate cleanse for people with jobs, kids, workout  routines, etc. Sure, it works for people in Hollywood because they are able to take a week off and seclude themselves in their houses while they cleanse. This does not work for "the commoners."
Looking back, going on this radical cleanse was me feeling like crap with all of the yucky stuff I put in my body and wanting a quick fix. All I really need to do (thanks, Jayme, for helping me figure that out) is get back to eating healthy stuff again, and these last three days have really done some amazing things for me.
So...new goal. I am going to continue eating according to the "raw" lifestyle for the month of January. I will not be able to keep with the total raw lifestyle after January, since I will be starting to train for my spring marathon and will need protein and calcium (meat and dairy), but I will maintain the fruit and veggie regimen that I have started for myself. I think I will be stronger for it.
I am feeling a little nauseous and gassy (maybe too much information, but it is true) from the veggie overload my body has been subjected to, but it is further evidence that I have been neglecting my fruits and veggies for far too long. Once my system is used to this stuff again, things will be better.
And yes...I had coffee this morning. It was delicious.Technically a raw foods no-no because of the caffeine...but hey, I can't be perfect. I also got up and did yoga, so they cancel each other out.

No comments:

Post a Comment