Thursday, October 7, 2010

a san-fran-panic-attack

So today I was running at lunch, and it totally hit me that next weekend I will be running a marathon next Sunday. Not just any marathon...the Nike Women's Marathon.  Wow!  I am both thrilled and sickened at the same time (I'm pretty sure I said the exact same thing when I ran Brookings.  That must be my marathon feeling).
I feel horribly unprepared for a marathon, but know that I will get through it, nonetheless.  My buddy, Rachel is in ridiculous shape and she will most likely finish with the Boston qualifying time I so desperately want.  She is 21, feisty, and fabulous.  Plus, she is a really strong runner. She's a good running buddy, that's for sure.  My other marathon buddy, Karen, just ran a marathon a month ago. Double wow.  I don't think I could run two marathons in one month (nor do I think I want to).  As for me, I am lucky to log 25 miles in a week, let alone a single day.  The farthest run I completed was 17.5 miles. I'm going to give it my best, though, and hopefully I will emerge victorious.
This week I have been running between 3 and 4 miles a day. This weekend I want to get one day of 8 or so miles. Next week I will run Monday and Tuesday, and maybe take a walk on Wednesday. I will rest Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (as much as one can rest in fabulouse San Francisco!!), and Sunday is the big day.  Monday I will crawl onto the plane and fly home.
It's gonna be great. I know it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment