Thursday, September 30, 2010

a little fine print...

So, it turns out the new, fab job is not so good for my training.  I go to work at 7am each morning, so in order for me to get a 30 minute run in, I have to get up and out by 5:15am.  Longer runs are completely out of the question.  Ugh...it's early!  And dark.  And sometimes a bit scary.

Yesterday while I was running, I suddenly heard a rustling in the woods that sounded like something was coming right towards me.  I leaped three feet in the air and yelped....at my own cat, Millie (lion kitty, as the neighborhood has so affectionately named her). She is named that, not because she is scary, but rather that she is a long-haired orange and white cat that we have groomed into a lion cut. She was a foster cat that we eventually adopted and really likes to be outside, but her adventures often leave her with horrible burrs and tangles in her fur.  She always feels a little silly after we shave her, but I know deep down she really feels better.  Plus, the neighbors all love her. She has become a neighborhood icon, of sorts. Go, lion kitty!

This morning I nearly jumped out of my skin at a dog that started barking as I ran by.  He was in a fenced yard, and had it been daytime I wouldn't have been bothered at all. But this "dark" thing...I don't know.  I'm unsteady.

Do you run when it is daylight or when it is dark?

All things considered, though...I still love my fab job. This is a small price to pay. And, did I mention they have a workout room?  Problem solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment