Friday, October 15, 2010

road trip

This morning I head out to San Francisco for the NIKE Marathon. I am so unbelievably excited.  I haven't been to San Fran in years, so it will be a lot of fun to go back and see how it's changed (or not).  I am also meeting up with one of my very good friends from my ARMY days that I haven't seen in about 15 years (am I really that old?).
I am a little nervous about running the race. My legs have felt very heavy for the last two weeks, and my knees seem to be a bit boggy and fluidy. I am not really sure why. It's not really painful; just unsteady. I'm not sure what that means or what is causing it. I have not run since yesterday, and don't plan to until race day. I am wearing only flats, as I'm starting to wonder if all of my heel wearing lately has something to do with it. Apparently heels are the devil.  I just can't seem to resist temtpation, though....I love a good heel.
Definitely on the to do list for us is a visit to the NIKE Expo. where we pick up our packets and take in all the fabulous things NIKE has to offer. I am excited to see the lunar eclipse shoes, as my shoes were discontinued (boo NIKE) and I need to find some suitable replacements.  We also want to go to the top of the Mark, and plan on going Sunday evening as a last, awesome treat to ourselves for running the marathon.  I definitely want to hit Fisherman' Wharf, as that is the most memorable part of SF for me.  Finally, I just want to see the beach. I miss the ocean terribly. One of the most difficult things about living smack in the middle of the country is that I am so far from the ocean. I love the ocean. I miss it. One day I will live by the ocean again. 
I'm off to shower and pick up the girls.  Think good thoughts for me and NIKE!

No comments:

Post a Comment