Tuesday, September 28, 2010

one last run with the boys

This weekend was the Susan Komen 5k race. It is a race that I have always run with my boys in the jogging stroller. The course is fast and flat, and they love the energy, music, and all of the people. Sadly, this was probably the last year that we could do it.  The stroller (I may have mentioned once or twice) is now 100 pounds....goodness knows how heavy it will be next year! 
I am also still training for Nike, so wanted to get in a good run in addition to the 5k race, so my fellow Nike goer, Rachel and I logged 11 miles before the run (please note that I did not bring my boys on this run).



Here we are coming into the finish line!  Do we look great or what?  I am proud to tell you that we ran that 5k, 100 pound stroller and all, in 24 minutes and change.  Can you believe that?  Of course, my buddy Rachel took a couple of turns pushing the stroller while we ran, which pretty much solidified our friendship right there.  I think she wildly underestimated how difficult it is to run with the stroller...what a lesson for a 24 year old! 
This weekend I meet some running club buddies that I haven't seen for a long time for a nice 7.5 mile run. I'm thinking about starting earlier and getting another 5 or so in...one last week of mileage before marathon mania.

No comments:

Post a Comment