Friday, September 24, 2010

a running update

I have been so busy lately with work that I have neglected to blog about all of my running!  I am having a difficult time typing this...but Nike is only three weeks away.  Yikes!  And, although my goal and focus has shifted quite a bit since taking on such a heavy workload, I am still me and I still want to finish strong.  Last weekend I went out and ran 17.5 miles all by myself. It is the farthest I have ever run without buddies, and it wasn't horrible.  Since I wasn't running with anyone, I decided to stick to town (another first for me), and ran a 7.5 mile loop a couple of times, with the 7.5 mark right at my house. That allowed me to put a water bottle on my step and hydrate with each loop, so that was good.  After the second loop (15 miles), my boys wanted to run with me, so I decided I would push them in the stroller for the last couple of miles.

Big mistake. 

A 100 pound jogging stroller is a lot to handle on the best of days...after knocking out 15...it's nearly impossible to navigate. I had to turn left at one point and we nearly crashed into a car that was parked in front of us.  Needless to say, the boys were not impressed by my sloth-like pace while we were running together. 

Tomorrow I run 20. It will be my last long run before the race, and I am ready to be done!  Sunday is the Komen Race for the Cure 5k, and I will be running with the boys in that one.  It will most likely be our last race all together in the jogging stroller. I can't imagine how heavy they will be next year.

Have great weekends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment