Friday, July 23, 2010

group runs and ratatouille

This weekend I am going to be staying at the in-laws house. Since my marathon training starts on Monday (yikes), I really need to get a good ten mile or so run in on Saturday. Usually when we visit I just run by myself for three to five miles, but this time I am going to try something different. I am going on a group run with the local running club. I have never done anything like this before, and I don't know a single soul on the running club, but I think it will be fun. I am not sure what the pace of the group is, so I emailed and hopefully will get a response today. I certainly won't be hanging with a group of 7 minute milers; but I also don't want to run twelve minute splits, either. I'm really hoping this is a fun experience, and it will make me want to seek out and run with other clubs when I travel. Running is a social activity for me, and so a group run appeals to me.
Yesterday I made dinner for the first time in weeks. Since hubby is a teacher, he is off this summer and is doing the cooking. I appreciate it, but am growing a bit weary of brats and hamburgers! We had grilled chicken, lentils, and my favorite, ratatouille. This is the perfect time of year to make it, as the squash and eggplants are coming into season. I like to make mine in the same style as the movie Ratatouille. It's so pretty that way, and the veggies get so tender and delicious. My kids ate the lentils like they were candy, which is good, since we will be having a lot of them during my training.

I'm also hoping to finish my book. It is getting a bit long at this point, as the last few chapters have been dedicated to selling the world on the barefoot running idea. I'm sorry, but I'm just not sold on it. Plus, the book really paints a picture of Nike as being pretty evil, and I like Nike. I have really enjoyed the book for the most part, and will finish, but it's getting a little long for me.

What are your plans for the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment