Monday, July 26, 2010

not the brightest bulb sometimes

Do you ever have those moments when you realize you are a complete idiot? I had one today. As you may recall, the last Saturday I was excited to meet up with a new running club and knock out ten miles. I got up early and went to the meeting place...and waited...and waited...and nobody showed up. I was a little discouraged, but I was up and dressed, so I decided to go ahead and run by myself. And I ended up rocking a pretty sweet ten-miler that incorporated some wicked hills, which I need because Nike is a hilly little course!

Although I felt great about that, I was still a little saddened that no running club people were there to run with, so I went to the website again today to see if maybe I had missed something.  Guess what? I went to the wrong meeting place! Grrr...I don't know what I was thinking!  I think we will be back at my in-laws house this weekend, so I am going to try to meet them again. This time I will actually go to the right place, though!

Today was the first day of my marathon training. I logged three miles on the treadmill (which I will never do again unless I absolutely have to) and lifted. This is the first time I have ever really lifted since High School a zillion years ago, and I am not loving it. I know lifting is really good for you, but it is so time-consuming, and so much of it is just sitting around waiting to do the next set.  I bet once I start seeing results I will like it more, though. My marathon buddy, Jayme, loves lifting and swears by it. 

Tomorrow I knock out some sprints.  Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment