Friday, June 11, 2010

kid free friday

Last night and this morning I experienced what life is like without children. I packed the kids up after work and took them to Grandma and Grandpa's to spend the night (yay), and then met some girlfriends I never get to see for dinner. It was so fun catching up! Then I headed home, since I had boot camp at 6 the next morning.

I got up today, went to boot camp (which, by the way, has increased in difficulty quite a bit. We did so many squats and lunges today that I may not be able to sit down tomorrow), and came home to get ready for my day. Okay, people without kids, you have such a relaxing life! For the first time in I don't know how long, I was able to drink an entire cup of coffee at one sitting. Amazing. Also, I was the only person in the bathroom while I was getting ready this morning. I didn't have to chase my son around the house to retrieve my eyeliner, or stop a blowdryer gun fight between my boys. I just got ready. Fabulous.

Although I miss the little guys, it has been a nice little break.  Tomorrow morning I meet a buddy for a sprint workout, then I am headed to east bank yoga studio for a private class for me and a few of my friends. I am really excited about having a professional check my form and breathing since my last bout with yoga. I do love yoga; I just want to make sure I am doing it correctly.

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment