Friday, August 20, 2010

long time no blog

My life just took a turn for the wildly hectic. I can't believe how extremely busy I have been lately. I took on a consulting job for a startup business, and it has been a lot more hours than I first thought it would be.  I haven't run. I haven't eaten well. I haven't slept.  It's no good.

Having said that, things are going to get a lot better from here. I have a plan, I am getting organized, and I am implementing the plan with success.  Are you a planner? Another business lesson....plans are vital, and so is execution. I know, I know, it is very time consuming to sit down and research and brainstorm and think of every possible detail when formulating an operating plan. But it is vital. The plan is the framework upon which your entire building rests. Try building a house without a frame. Impossible. Plans help keep you organized. Plans keep you on track. Plans help you analyze what works and what doesn't.
Remember, though, that the plan is meaningless without execution. Why spend the time to make it if you aren't going to use it?
No running posts this week. No good food posts this week. Next week will be better. Promise.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. At least you can still manage to write a nice blog! I have not blogged in quite a while, and I should. I have a lot going on too! I love that you keep up with this.

    ReplyDelete