Wednesday, April 14, 2010

spring thaw

The weather is absolutely georgeous!  We had such a long, horrible winter, that when the weather started warming up I thought it was a fluke.  I have honestly been waiting for more snowfall, but now that it has been 3 weeks of warm weather, I am beginning to think that maybe it is here to stay.  I guess it is the middle of April.  Hello, Spring!

I am not the only one that has been having trouble with this concept.  As you know, my running buddies and I are pretty hardcore outside runners.  We ran outside all through the winter, most times in subzero temperatures.  I don't care how many layers you put on, or how fast or far you run...it is still cold.  Of course, we also meet at 5:30 - 6:00am to run, so it is dark, as well.  Yesterday my friend, Karen, and I met for a 5 mile run at 6am, and it was 65 degrees outside! at 6am!  I was so excited to wear shorts and a tank...it was great!  Karen showed up wearing two pears of pants and three shirts.  She told me I was crazy to wear shorts and wondered if I would freeze.  In 60 degree weather.  Ah...no.  I was fine.  Karen was a sweaty, hot mess by the time we finished our 5.  I hope she learned her lesson! 


Just a quick reminder to drink lots of water as the temps start climbing.  It just makes you feel better, and it helps your skin, hair, and just about everything else.  I drink bottled water during the day. It is easier for me to remember to hydrate, plus it is easy when I am on the go (which is pretty much all the time). 

How do you make sure you get enough water in your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment