Friday, April 23, 2010

rain, rain, go away. I have to run 20 miles today...

My marathon is in 3 weeks.  Tomorrow is supposed to be my longest run, 20 miles. I have been getting myself mentally ready all week, planning the route, taking care of myself and staying away from those darned margaritas.  I felt ready.  Then yesterday, my running buddy messaged me and asked if we were going to run in the rain.  WTH?!?! 

I checked the forecast, and it is supposed to rain for the next 5 days straight.  I am not sure what to do.  I need to get these miles in, and it is too close to the race to be swapping weeks or anything like that. Next week I start my taper, and I need to stick with that.  I am nervous about running in the rain, because I don't want to be sick for the race.  I also don't love the prospect of logging 20 miles on a treadmill, either.  I'm stumped.  What would you do?

Today I am supposed to find out if I got into the Nike Women's marathon.  I really hope I am chosen, although it is a huge longshot.  It would be an amazing experience.  San Fransisco. Tiffany medal. Fresh seafood. Nike swag.  The list of pros goes on and on. Two of my friends also registered, and it would be so much fun to go to SF on a fun girls trip!  I have been feeling kind of sad about not choosing a large marathon for my first.  I originally thought that I would just want to log the miles the first time and not have all of the hoopla.  Now that it is getting closer, I am kind of wishing there was an expo or premeal or something.  Getting into the nike marathon would make everything better.

Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment