Thursday, November 11, 2010

go, google, go

Yesterday while I was logging miles on the stationary bike (boring as hell, but a great cross-train), I saw on the news that google is giving their employees a $1,000 holiday bonus and a ten percent raise. Ten percent, in this economy, where companies are taking benefits away from their employees left and right just to stay in business.Wow. 
Naturally, my first thought was, "I need to work for google."  But then I started thinking about how many times I use google during the day. It is a TON. I google everything. If I want to know anything about anything, I google it. If I want to get a fresh perspective, I google it. If I am looking for ideas..google.  You get the picture; I'm a googler.  And apparently I am not alone, since the company is raking it in.

Any company that can turn its name into a verb has my vote.
Are you a googler? 

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what the human population did BG (before google). The library you say? How retro. I didn't know this about you. I google everything. You heard me.

    ReplyDelete